Coverage New lawful and approved goods are insured against “All-Risk” of physical loss or damage from any external cause.
Limits of Liability
This insurance shall not cover more than:
$1,000 Any one package or shipment
This insurance shall not cover any fees associated with service, covering only the physical items in the shipment.
This insurance attaches from the time the goods insured commence transit and/or are located anywhere incidental to transit and continues during the ordinary course of transit until transportation terminates at final destination or the Assured’s interest ceases, whichever occurs first.
Coverage is only available within the United States.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the exclusions stated above, this insurance covers loss of or damage caused by the negligence of any third party who has possession or custody of or responsibility for the cargo insured hereunder during the time that this Policy is in force.
Warranted by the Assured that the interest insured hereunder is in sound condition at the time of the commencement of risk.
Claim Filing Requirements
Claims Reporting Time Frame(s)
It is understood and agreed that the following timelines for claims transmittal must be adhered to in order for a claim to be processed:
• Claims for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier, where the status is “not delivered” must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for domestic shipments, but not later than 30 days from the date the shipment was originally scheduled to be delivered.
• All other claims for loss or damage should be filed as soon as discovered but in no event later than 60 days from the purchase date.
• Claims for packages marked by the carrier as “delivered” yet not received by the customer must be filed within 5 days from the date and time shown by carrier as delivered. Underwriters reserve the right to require proof of either a copy of a police report showing report of theft or security video recording showing evidence of theft.
General Coverage Exclusions
This coverage does not insure against any loss, damage or expense attributable to or caused by:
- Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the goods insured;
- Cosmetic damage to packaging surrounding consumable goods themselves;
- Willful misconduct, infidelity, conversion or dishonest acts of the Assured, or the Assured's employees, whether committed alone or in collusion with others;
- Rust, oxidation or discoloration on unpacked and/or unprotected cargo;
- Loss of market or loss, damage, expense or deterioration arising from delay, whether caused by a peril insured against or otherwise;
- Inherent vice or nature of the goods insured;
- Insolvency or financial default of the owners, managers, charterers, or operators of the vessel where, at the time of loading of the goods insured on board the vessel, the Assured is aware, or in the ordinary course of business should be aware, that such insolvency or financial default could prevent the normal prosecution of the voyage. This exclusion shall not apply where the contract of insurance has been assigned to the party claiming hereunder who has bought or agreed to buy the goods insured in good faith under a binding contract.
- Insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the goods insured to withstand the ordinary incidents of the insured transit, but only where such packing or preparation is carried out by the party presenting the claim for payment, or its employees, prior to the attachment of this insurance (for purposes of this clause, “packing” shall be deemed to include stowage in a container, and “employees” shall not include independent contractors).
Where a loss results from improper packing, but the claim is covered because the packing was not performed by the party presenting the claim for payment or its employees, it is the duty of the Assured to assist Underwriters in recovery efforts against responsible parties. It is further understood that no future claims shall be recoverable under this Policy which arise from improper packing performed by the same person or entity unless additional shipment(s) have already departed from the same shipper when improper packing is first discovered.
- Electrical, electronic and/or mechanical derangement unless the Assured is able to demonstrate that such damage is the result of a peril insured against;
- Shipments on chartered vessels that are not classed A1 American Record or equivalent by a member of the International Association of Classification Societies; chartered vessels over 40 years of age; vessels on break-up voyages; chartered barges; vessels built for service on the Great Lakes; vessels built solely for Military or Naval Service; or vessels built for carriage of dry bulk or liquid bulk cargoes, and which are more than 20 years of age;
- Any accident occurring while rolling stock cargo is being driven under its own power or being towed on its own wheels, except during loading and unloading and positioning by the steamship line.
Sanctions Limitation & Exclusion Clause
No (re)insurer shall be deemed to provide cover and no (re)insurer shall be liable to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose that (re)insurer to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America.
Initial Claim Reporting
All insurance coverage is subject to the full terms, conditions and wording of Price Point Distributors Inc. (Price Point NY)